The Prince Albert Sharks posted a pair of fourth place finishes over the weekend as they participated in the massive Man Sask provincial championship.
The Sharks had 11 athletes competing in the event, which drew 569 swimmers from 32 clubs based in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and Ontario. Eight Prince Albert swimmers posted AA qualifying times.
The local results were:
• Kendal Horan came fourth in 50 back stroke and missed the bronze medal by 0.11 of second.
• Reid Boden came seven in 50 Butterfly.
• Tristan Anderson-Woodsworth came fourth in 100 breast stroke.
• Mark Jones came fifth in 50 breast stroke.
Three swimmers had been selected to represent Team Saskatchewan in the medley relays.
• Reid Boden, 13, did 50 butterfly in the boys 13 and under medley provincial relay and Saskatchewan team came second in rank.
• Kendal Horan, 14, did 50 back in the Girls 13-14 medley provincial relay.
• Mark Jones, 15, did breast stroke in the Boys 14 and 15 medley provincial relay.
The Sharks came in second for the top small club award (15 swimmers and under who participate in the championship who achieved the “AA” time).
A couple of the swimmers have some big goals within sight.
Kendal Horan needs 0.77 seconds to qualify for the Canada Cup, 1.06 seconds off to qualify for the Age
Group National Championship in 50 back stroke, 1.4 seconds off in 50 freestyle to qualify for the Canada Cup and 1.66 seconds off to qualify for Nationals in 50 freestyle.
Meanwhile, Mark Jones needs 1.03 seconds off to qualify for the National Age Group in 50 breast stroke and 1.23 seconds off to qualify for Canada Cup in 50 breast stroke.