Why did Brad Wall’s Sask. Party government:
• Declare war on labour via bills 5, 6, 80 and an omnibus bill of 15 labour acts.
• Kill NDP promised funding for public surgery centres and instead provide for-profit surgical units at much greater expense to medicare?
• Drive a billion-dollar film industry out of Saskatchewan?
• Hire billionaire U.S. corporations to overhaul Saskatchewan’s health care when Saskatchewan has been a leader in health-care reform in North America?
• Add three MLAs costing taxpayers $675,00 per year when this money could have been used to address Saskatchewan’s high infant mortality rate, child poverty, homelessness, education funding in our major cities and aboriginal education?
• Allow the secret and controversial sale of publically owned LeRoy Regional Park with no owner consultation?
• Push a P3 model when numerous research studies prove its financing disastrous in construction costs and managing health facilities? The Amicus model proved unable to provide long-term care beds!
• Not oppose federal cuts to PFRA cutting of 19,000 civil service jobs, seniors’ pensions, KAIROS, CBC, archival records, food inspection service and environmental reviews?
• Use American-style attack ads to falsely discredit four young New Democrat candidates seeking leadership roles in Saskatchewan?
• Break its promise not to privatize our money-saving Crowns? Wall, Boyd and Cheveldayoff took their profits and privatized Sakstel’s Sask energy’s and Sask Power’s out of province assets. Noe they justify the sale of 60 per cent of Saskatchewan profit-making ISC to out-of -province corporate entities.
• Introduce private liquor stores without consultation?
Democracy is government of the people, by the people and for the people, not the corporations.
Helen M. Baker