It was a busy weekend for Parkland Ambulance, with paramedics responding to 87 incidents to noon on Sunday.
© Parkland Ambulance Care
Of these calls, Parkland Ambulance director of public affairs Lyle Karasiuk included the following in a weekend roundup press release on Sunday afternoon.
• An assault had paramedics out at about 3 a.m. on Saturday to the 3400 block of Second Avenue West. A 27-year-old man was taken by ambulance to hospital with minor injuries.
• The 700 block of 13th Street West was host to an assault at about 3:30 a.m. on Saturday, where paramedics cared for a 40-year-old woman with minor injuries, later taking her to hospital..
• A 19-year-old woman was treated for minor injuries following an assault in the 800 block of 17th Street West at about 5:15 a.m. on Saturday. She was taken by ambulance to hospital.
• A single vehicle rollover on Little Red Reserve resulted in injuries to a 31-year-old man, who paramedics took to hospital in good condition. The incident took place at about 3 p.m. on Saturday.
• Minor injuries were reported as the result of an assault in the 1700 block of 16th Street West at about 8:15 p.m. on Saturday. A 37-year-old woman was taken by ambulance to hospital with minor injuries.
• The unit block of 15th Street East was host to a 6 a.m. assault on Sunday, which resulted in minor injuries to a 20-year-old woman. Paramedics took her to hospital.
• A 60-year-old woman was stricken with minor injuries as the result of a motor vehicle collision in the 700 block of 15th Street East at about 10 a.m. on Sunday. She was taken by ambulance to hospital.