A man who was badly injured during a May 27 break-in to a trailer north of Prince Albert has died.
The 27-year-old male from Prince Albert died last Sunday at hospital in Saskatoon.
Prince Albert RCMP Sgt. Brian Udey was tight-lipped about the ongoing investigation,
“We’re keeping it very brief for now because we’re still in the deep end of it,” he said, adding that press releases will be issued as the ongoing investigation develops.
According to the original RCMP press release that was issued on May 28, RCMP received a call shortly before 3 a.m. about a break and enter in progress at the North Bay Trailer Court that involved three men. The residents had been threatened with bear spray and other weapons.
When the RCMP arrived on the scene, they found a badly injured man who was transported to hospital in Prince Albert and then by STARS to hospital in Saskatoon.
The release said that the man was not a resident of the home where the incident occurred.
“What I draw from the original press release is that he was a perpetrator,” Udey said. “My knowledge of it would indicate that that is correct.”