The Prince Albert Fire Department has reported another busy weekend with 14 calls for service attended to, the majority of which were for grass or brush fires.
The calls for service included:
- Nine grass or brush fires
- One natural gas leak at a residence
- One investigation of a fire pit to verify safety and bylaw compliance
- One dumpster/garbage can fire
- One service call for smoke removal
- One response for alarms ringing
The fire department reminds residents to immediately report any activities that may appear suspicious and involve the intentional setting of fires. Grass and brush fires may appear harmless, but are very dangerous and can cause serious injury or death.