The Prince Albert Fire Department reports a steady weekend made up of seven calls for service, according to a department press release. These calls were as follows.
• A call regarding a person in distress in the North Saskatchewan River was responded to, during which a person was standing approximately 20 yards into the river. Before the Prince Albert Fire Department launched their water rescue boat, personnel were able to convince the individual to walk back to shore where he was taken into custody by the Prince Albert Police Service.
• An alarms ringing call at a residence. On arrival, the cause was burnt food.
• Two outside fires were called in, with neither resulting in anything found.
• Two motor vehicle collisions were responded to, during which firefighters cleaned the sites of debris and fluid.
• An abandoned party fire was discovered while on regular patrol of Little Red River Park and the Nesbit Forest. It was extinguished.