Work on damaged Nova Scotia dike could begin Monday if conditions are safe

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

TRURO, N.S. - The Nova Scotia government says work on a crumbling dike that was breached by flood waters two weeks ago in the Truro area will begin as soon as conditions are safe.

Staff with the province's Emergency Management Office were in Colchester and Pictou counties Sunday after reports of flooding.

Several business owners in the area had already warned that they were worried about further flooding from the North River.

The government says repairs on the berm could begin Monday if conditions are safe.

A news release says Premier Darrell Dexter has called for a meeting to develop a flood action plan for central Nova Scotia.

Organizations: Emergency Management Office

Geographic location: Nova Scotia, TRURO, Colchester Pictou North River

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments