Carbon monoxide poisons three

Tyler
Tyler Clarke
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

A malfunctioning heating system is believed to have poisoned three Little Red Reserve residents on Tuesday morning.

 

A malfunctioning heating system is believed to have poisoned three Little Red Reserve residents on Tuesday morning.

Parkland Ambulance paramedics responded to the scene at about 7 a.m., where they cared for a 58-year-old man, a 58-year-old woman and a 13-year-old boy.

All three were transported by ambulance to hospital for further care and treatment. As of 4 p.m., all had been treated and released from hospital.

As a result of this incident, Parkland Ambulance is encouraging people to take preventative measures when it comes to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of combustion. The odourless and colourless gas can come from wood burning appliances, propane or natural gas furnaces.

People are encouraged to ensure their heating appliances are well ventilated, they not run vehicles or small wood heaters in garages without proper ventilation, their chimney is free from blockages and they purchase and maintain a carbon monoxide detector.

Telltale signs of carbon monoxide poisoning is everyone in a house coming down with the same symptoms a the same time, which can include headaches, dizziness and flu-like symptoms.

People should take immediate action and get out of the area and into fresh air, Parkland Ambulance encourages.

Sask Energy can be contacted at 1-888-7000-427 for 24-hour emergency assistance. 

Geographic location: Little Red Reserve

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments